Daily Current Affairs Quiz 3rd January 2023
Daily Current Affairs Quiz 3rd January 2023
Which state/UT recently approved its draft Solar Policy 2022?
Question 1 Explanation:
● The Delhi government recently approved its draft Solar Policy 2022. ● The 2022 policy revises the installed capacity proposed by the 2016 policy from 2,000 MW to 6,000 MW by 2025 to increase the share of solar energy in Delhi’s electricity demand from the current 9 percent to 25 percent in 3 years. (highest in India) ● It aims to create a unified single-window state portal to provide information about the benefits of solar PV systems, process-related guidelines, and timeline.This portal will be maintained by the Delhi Solar Cell. ● The Delhi government will provide various incentives like generation-based incentives (GBI) and capital subsidies to increase the demand for solar energy.
‘Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee – National Institute of Water and Sanitation (DSPM – NIWAS)’ has been inaugurated in which state?
Question 2 Explanation:
● Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually laid the foundation stone and projects worth more than ₹7,800 crores in West Bengal. ● He also virtually inaugurated Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee – National Institute of Water and Sanitation (DSPM – NIWAS). ● It will serve as an apex body in the country on water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH), serving as a hub of information and knowledge for Central, State, and local governments.
The Indian Army has handed over the first-ever 3D printed houses for soldiers at which city?
Question 3 Explanation:
● The Indian Army has offered the first 3D-printed houses for soldiers at Ahmedabad Cantt. They are constructed by the Military Engineering Services (MES) in collaboration with MiCoB Pvt Ltd. ● The dwelling unit, with a ground floor plus one configuration is not only cheap but can be constructed in less time. ● Construction work of the dwelling unit with garage space and the first floor was completed in 12 weeks.
Which state commenced India’s first Nilgiri Tahr project?
Question 4 Explanation:
● Tamil Nadu government has issued orders to conserve the Nilgiri tahr, the state animal, at a cost of Rs 25.14 crore. ● This is regarded as the first Nilgiri Tahr conservation project in the country. ● The project would be implemented during a 5-year period from 2022-2027, and follow a strategy including synchronized surveys to estimate numbers of the tahrs. ● The tahr is an endangered species and is protected under Schedule-I of the Wildlife (Protection) Act of India, 1972.
Who launched the ‘Prahari’ app that can be used by the BSF?
Question 5 Explanation:
● Union Home and Cooperation Minister Amit Shah launched the ‘Prahari’ app and the revised version 13 Border Security Force (BSF) manuals. ● The Prahari App can be used by the jawans of the Border Security Force (BSF) to get information about the accommodation facilities, Ayushman-CAPF, and leaves. ● This application also provides information about bio-data, grievance redressal on the “Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CP-GRAMS), and information related to various welfare schemes for the BSF. It will connect the user to the Home Ministry’s portal. ● Thirteen BSF manuals were revised and upgraded to increase the understanding of the administration,training, and operations of the border guarding organization.
Who inaugurated the project ‘Development of Srisailam Temple in the State of Andhra Pradesh’ at the Srisailam Temple Complex?
YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
Question 6 Explanation:
● President Murmu inaugurated the project“Development of Srisailam Temple in the State of Andhra Pradesh” at Srisailam Temple Complex,Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh. ● The project has been sanctioned and executed under the PRASHAD scheme viz National Mission on Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual, Heritage Augmentation Drive of the Ministry of Tourism. ● The project has been completed with a cost of Rs 43.08 crores. The project is 100 percent funded by theMinistry of Tourism. ● The components executed in the project include interventions like Amphitheatre, Illuminations and Sound and Light Show, Digital Interventions, Tourist Amenity Center, Parking area, Changing rooms, Toilet Complexes, Souvenir Shops, a Food court, ATM, and Banking Facility.
What is the name of the digital project funded by Google to map the language diversity of India?
Question 7 Explanation:
● The Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc), ART PARK (AI and Robotics Technology Park), and Google have partnered together for the ‘Project Vaani’ Initiative. ● The digital project aims to map the language diversity of India by collecting speech sets of about a million people across 773 districts. ● The project aims to record over 150,000 hours of speech, part of which will be transcribed in local scripts. ● The goal is to boost the development of automatic speech recognition, speech-to-speech translation, and natural language understanding.
BHIM app has completed how many years on 30th December 2022?
Question 8 Explanation:
● Indigenously developed payment application BHIM celebrated its sixth anniversary. ● BHIM App was launched on 30th December 2016 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. ● BHIM stands for Bharat Interface for Money. ● It is a biometric payment systems app using the Aadhar platform and is based on a Unified Payment Interface (UPI) to facilitate e-payment directly through the bank. ● It can be used on all mobile devices whether it’s a smartphone or feature phone or a phone without an internet connection. The payments through the BHIM App can be made with just a thumb impression after the bank account is linked with the Aadhar gateway.
The fossil remains of a 119 million-year-old beaked bird have been discovered in which country?
Question 9 Explanation:
● The fossil remains of a 119 million-year-old beaked bird were recently discovered in China. ● Confuciusornis shifan lived during the Early Cretaceous Period, around 119 million years ago in present-day China. ● It belonged to the Confuciusornithidae family of the genus Confuciusornis, a group of crow-sized beaked birds. ● The fossil of Confuciusornis shifan’s skeleton was preserved on a single slab in the Jiufotang Formation,which was found close to the Xiaotaizi village in the Chinese province of Liaoning. ● The fossil was nearly complete and highly articulate.
Legend Edson Arantes do Nascimento passed away. He is associated with which sports?
Question 10 Explanation:
● Brazilian football legend Edson Arantes do Nascimento, famously called Pelé, has passed away aged 82. ● He is considered by many ones of the greatest footballers of all time. ● He was instrumental in Brazil’s three World Cup victories in 1958, 1962, and 1970. ● He is still the top scorer for Brazil's national team with 77 goals in 92 games. ● In a glorious 21-year career he scored between 1,281 and 1,283 goals, depending on how matches are counted.
There are 10 questions to complete.
G k quiz 2022
Gujarati One liner current affairs
common general knowledge questions and answers
g k questions for kids
general knowledge quiz multiple choice
general knowledge 2022
computer quiz online
advanced computer quiz
best computer quiz-
daily current affairs
latest current affairs
current affairs GK
current affairs in India 2022
science and technology quiz
scientists quiz with answers
quiz for improve knowledge and very help full for government exams.