Daily Current Affairs Quiz 4 January 2023
Daily Current Affairs Quiz 4th January 2023
Who has been named to a key national space advisory group by Vice President Kamala Harris?
Question 1 Explanation:
● Vice President Kamala Harris has named Indian American Rajeev Badyal to a key national space advisory group, which is tasked to maintain a robust and responsible US space enterprise and preserve space for current and future generations. ● The UAG will provide the National Space Council advice and recommendations on matters related to space policy and strategy, including but not limited to, government policies, laws, regulations, treaties, international instruments, programs, and practices across the civil, commercial, international, and national security space sectors.
In which state did CM Pushkar Singh Dhami launch the Free Mobile Tablet scheme for class 10 and 12 students of state government schools?
Question 2 Explanation:
In Uttarakhand, CM Pushkar Singh Dhami launched the Free Mobile Tablet scheme for class 10 and 12 students of state government schools.
For the creation of the SwasthGarbh app, AIIMS Delhi worked with which institute?
Question 3 Explanation:
● To create the SwasthGarbh app, the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee and the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi worked together. ● Pregnant women can access antenatal care and real-time medical support through the smartphone app. The software may be downloaded for free from the Google Play Store. ● The app helps expectant mothers by assuring punctual prenatal care appointments, documenting each clinical test, and enhancing medication adherence. ● The clinical evaluation of 150 patients showed how useful the app is for enhancing antenatal care quality and minimizing problems.
Who launched 'Padhe Bharat', a 100-day reading campaign?
Question 4 Explanation:
Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan launched 'Padhe Bharat', a 100-day reading campaign.
Which Union Ministry launched the ‘Prajjwala Challenge’?
Ministry of Home Affairs
Ministry of Rural Development
Ministry of Finance
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
Question 5 Explanation:
● Ministry of Rural Development’s Deendayal AntyodayaYojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) has launched the Prajjwala Challenge. ● Under the challenge, ideas are invited from individuals, Enterprises, startups, the Private Sector,Civil Society, and others to transform the rural economy. ● The Mission is looking for ideas and solutions around Innovative Technology Solutions, Inclusive Growth, Value Chain Interventions, Enhanced Women Entrepreneurship, Cost-effective Solutions, Sustainability, place-based employment, localized models, etc.
Which state passed the Lokayukta Bill 2022?
Question 6 Explanation:
● Maharashtra assembly has passed the Lokayukta Bill 2022, which brings the chief minister and council of ministers under the ambit of the anti-corruption ombudsman. ● The bill was passed without discussion as the opposition had staged a walkout over the alleged scam in the Teacher's Entrance Test. ● Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis termed the bill a historic legislation. ● Cabinet Minister Deepak Kesarkar introduced the Bill which has a provision to bring the Chief Minister and the cabinet under the purview of the anti-corruption ombudsman. ● According to the Bill, the Lokayukta will have to seek the approval of the assembly before initiating any inquiry against the chief minister and bringing a motion before the session of the house.
Carrying mobile phones by devotees in temples has been prohibited in which state?
Question 7 Explanation:
● The Madurai Bench of Madras High Court has prohibited devotees from carrying mobile phones inside temples in Tamil Nadu. ● The Division Bench of Justice R. Mahadevan and J Sathya Narayana Prasad held that the gadgets divert the attention of the devotees from the purpose of visiting the temple. ● The Tamil Nadu Temple Entry Authorization Act 1947, and the Rules empower the trustees or any authority in charge of the temple to make regulations for the maintenance of order and decorum in the temple. ● The court noted that mobile phone bans have been implemented in famed temples. These temples include Sri Krishna Temple at Guruvayur, Kerala, Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple at Madurai, Tamil Nadu, and Sri Venkateshwara Temple at Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh.
New Jalpaiguri, which was in the news related to Vande Bharat Express, is located in which state?
Question 8 Explanation:
● Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually flagged off the Vande Bharat express connecting Howrah and New Jalpaiguri. ● It is a railway station in Siliguri, West Bengal, and is considered the gateway to the northeast. ● The Vande Bharat Express covers a distance of 564 km in 7.45 hours, which will save three hours of travel time. ● The Vande Bharat express will be preferred by tea industry executives and tourists traveling to the Himalayas in North Bengal and Sikkim.
Where did the eleven-day-long festival ‘Dhanu Yatra’ begin?
Question 9 Explanation:
● The ‘Dhanu Yatra’ festival, the largest open-air theatre festival began after a gap of two years, in Bargarh in Odisha. ● The vibrant Dhanu Yatra is associated with the culture of Odisha. ● The Festival is being held from December 27 to Jan 6, 2023. ● Several artists from 130 cultural troupes from across the country are scheduled to perform during the festival. ● Dhanu Yatra, the eleven-day-long annual extravaganza places Bargarh on the Cultural Map of India. It is at par with the standard of Odishan Heritage and culture.
Which state’s Women’s Hockey U-18 team won the Khelo India Youth Games 2022 Women’s Under 18 Qualifiers?
Question 10 Explanation:
● Hockey Haryana’s women’s team won the Khelo India Youth Games 2022 Women’s Under 18 Qualifiers after defeating Madhya Pradesh (2-0) in the final at Bhubaneswar. ● In the final match, Pooja and Gurmail Kaur scored a goal each for Haryana to end the contest in their favor. ● Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, and Jharkhand have qualified for the Khelo India Youth Games (Women) to be held in Madhya Pradesh this year.
There are 10 questions to complete.
G k quiz 2022
Gujarati One liner current affairs
common general knowledge questions and answers
g k questions for kids
general knowledge quiz multiple choice
general knowledge 2022
computer quiz online
advanced computer quiz
best computer quiz-
daily current affairs
latest current affairs
current affairs GK
current affairs in India 2022
science and technology quiz
scientists quiz with answers
quiz for improve knowledge and very help full for government exams.