Top Current Affairs: 9 January 2022
- A team of scientists used the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) in Chile to observe a newborn star (protostar) in the WB89-789 region.
- Bigger states (Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal and Karnataka)- Increased to Rs 95 lakh from the previous limit of Rs 70 lakh.
- The theme of the two-day Conference is ‘India’s Techade: Digital Governance in a Post Pandemic World’.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated the second campus of Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute (CNCI) in Kolkata, at Newtown, near Rajarhat.
- Uttar Pradesh has been adjudged as the Best State in water conservation efforts in the National Water Awards 2020.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved an MoU between India and Nepal for the construction of a bridge over the Mahakali River, which forms the border between India and Nepal.
- The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in India has partnered with The Akshaya Patra Foundation to enhance the effectiveness of the Pradhan Mantri Poshan Shakti Nirman scheme.
- Antigua and Barbuda has officially joined the International Solar Alliance (ISA) as a member country.
- Taliban has launched Suicide Bomber Army.
- The theme for this year’s National Science Day is announced as ‘Integrated Approach in S&T for Sustainable Future’.
- Japan has signed a historic Defence Agreement with Australia, to ensure a secure and stable Indo-Pacific region.
- A man was beaten by some villagers for allegedly cutting off trees illegally and selling them. The man was burned alive in front of police, for violating the ‘Khuntkatti’ law practised in Jharkhand.
- Veteran Chinese diplomat Zhang Ming has taken over as the new Secretary-General of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO).
- Lanka IOC, Ceylon Petroleum Corporation and the Government of Sri Lanka signed lease agreements on jointly developing the Trincomalee oil tank farm.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has chosen Puducherry as the host for the National Youth Festival 2022.
- Ind-Ra expects the GDP to clock a growth rate of 9.3% y-o-y in FY22. Earlier this estimate was 9.4%.
- The Union Minister of Science and Technology Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated the 24th National Conference on e-Governance in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Russia has sent the military to Kazakhstan.
- Brickworks Ratings has revised India’s GDP growth forecast for the current fiscal (FY22) to 8.5-9%. Earlier this was estimated at 10%.
- In the case of Assembly constituencies poll in big states bigger states, the new expenditure limit has been increased to Rs 40 lakh from Rs 28 lakhs.
G k quiz 2021
Gujarati One liner current affairs
common general knowledge questions and answers
g k questions for kids
general knowledge quiz multiple choice
general knowledge 2021
computer quiz online
advanced computer quiz
best computer quiz-
daily current affairs
latest current affairs
current affairs GK
current affairs in India 2021
science and technology quiz
scientists quiz with answers
quiz for improve knowledge and very help full for government exams.